Monday, February 18, 2013

Huffing and puffing

I used to weigh 145 lbs. I now weigh 263 lbs. I am tall, so it may not look like it, but it definitely feels like it. I get tired out doing the most ridiculous things - like walking up stairs and putting away laundry. I just started at the gym in preparation for a 13.1 mile race in 11 months. I have managed to complete 45 minutes on the treadmill two days in a row, but my hips are killing me.

They're killing me in a good way, in that way that you've awoken muscles you haven't used in a while. However, I still deal with terrible pain every day when I stand or walk too much. It feels like someone is sticking a burning knife into the sides of my back above my hips. I know that if I even lost 20 lbs it would subside some.

I've started the exercise portion, now I need to hit the healthy eating portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment