Sunday, April 7, 2013

Not so lazy Sunday

Well, after a month or so of really hitting it hard, I'm down 8 pounds. Give or take. In a way it's a little disappointing because I really have been SO good with NO binging (bingeing?) episodes in 34 days. I did eat more than I should have last weekend, but Saturday was my birthday party, Sunday was Easter and Monday was my birthday. I had planned on that. So I was ok being up a little bit - maybe not quite as much as I was at the end of the week. However, it's that time of the month so I don't think that helped at all.

Today... well, today I could have sat my ass on the sofa all day and watched baseball and putzed around on the computer. Instead, before I went to work for an hour at noon, I took a 2.5 mile walk. This time I had no shin splints. Earlier this week I walked just about 3 miles and had HORRENDOUS shin splints that had me almost crawling home. I wore compression socks today and I believe that made all the difference in the world. I have compression footies, but they don't help the shins. These are knee highs and totally did.

So, I did my 2.5 mile walk in 50 minutes. 50 minutes is 3.0 MPH. Why is this significant? Because I haven't been able to maintain a solid 3.0 MPH at the gym on a treadmill with no incline without shin splints or other issues. This is progress, people! 3.0 MPH is still a far cry from the 4.0 MPH I used to walk in my thin days, but it's a great start! To do it without pain is the most important thing!

When I came home from work, I certainly could have sat down and watched the A's game. Instead I turned it on in my bedroom and started to clean. My bedroom has been a MESS for quite some time because I am always so tired and even feel overwhelmed by how messy it is. I got in over 2000 steps today while cleaning my room. Some days I don't even get in 2000 steps!! I did 2 loads of laundry AND put most of it away. This is also big, because I have been known to let laundry sit in the dryer until I've retrieved everything out of there piece by piece as needed.

As I'm getting ready to head to bed, my Fitbit has 10,500+ steps for the day and 2500 calories burned. Thanks to my whiny 4 year old who NEEDS me to come upstairs eleventy times, I also have 16 flights of stairs done for the day.

Nothing lazy about this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment