Saturday, May 25, 2013

Moving right along

This week has been better in terms of settling in and feeling better about what I'm doing. No, I'm still not in LOVE with it. I miss milk. Cheese. And yes, beer. I don't miss bread, but I do occasionally miss pasta. There is a mac & cheese on the Medifast program that is similar to Kraft, but let's be real - Kraft mac & cheese is a sad substitute for something that looks like this:

Yeah. A little plate of heaven. That's mac & cheese with wild boar sausage from our favorite place to hang out. And even when I was really good at cleaning my plate, I couldn't eat all of it.

I digress.

So, I've been doing better. There really are only a few things that I've ordered that I don't like. The eggs still make me gag. I thought it was a Metformin thing, but no, it's a really nasty gross egg thing. And the cinnamon cereal... I can choke them down, but I'd rather not. Other than that, everything else is pretty average.

I won't lie, it's still a pain to be out with other people eating and drinking stuff that I'd rather have. This weekend is a challenge. Today we went up to the mountains and my husband had an amazing looking burger. I had an average burger sans bun and the veggies that came on the side weren't even ones that I could eat (well, I couldn't eat the carrots. I just don't like celery). Tomorrow we have a big Memorial Day BBQ at some friends. It's a potluck and there are always amazing dishes there. Sigh. I'll have one of my bars. Or something. Monday, at least, I have somewhat of a reprieve. We're headed to Rudy's BBQ in Colorado Springs. Yes, please! So, no, I can't have the sauce or the creamed corn - which is like crack, but I can have some prime rib and brisket and turkey and... yeah. You get it.

The thing is, I didn't get this way by eating well. I'm not going to lose the weight by eating like crap. I'm down 16 lbs in not quite 3 weeks (19 lbs from my starting point in March), so it definitely works.

But damn, that mac & cheese looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment