Saturday, June 1, 2013

New Clothes!

Ok, not really.

Sadly, I have a basement full of garbage bags and Rubbermaid containers of clothes that are too small. Because of this, new clothes aren't really a reward for me, because I already HAVE so many clothes that fit as I lose weight. But I guess you can say I can go shopping in my closet (or basement. Semantics).

So, I did that - because I've lost enough to fit back into my jeans I was wearing last fall. And that is pretty rewarding. I mean, in a way it's rewarding because YAY! I'm down a size! But it doesn't in any way, shape, or form mean that I am at a healthy weight or thin. It just means I'm getting close to the weight I maintained for about a year or so. I felt incredibly self-conscious at THAT weight, so you can imagine how I felt when I was 23lbs heavier than I am now.

But I do admit, I have a little boost of self-confidence knowing that I AM down that size. I know I don't look great, or even good, but I FEEL better.

A few weeks ago I blogged about how I wasn't sure I could do this Medifast thing. But I'm rockin' it. Do I love it? No. Do I like it? It's ok! I had a rough start because I also started on Metformin at the same time and dealt with a lot of the icky side effects that come with it (bloating, diarrhea, nausea). That's all subsided and I'm feeling good. While "normal" food looks good, I don't have the urges for it anymore.

Except for the fact that I dream about food.

Yeah. I dream about cheating on my weight loss efforts. For real. Usually with something pretty bad for me. But when it comes to real life, I don't. I haven't. I'm almost even nervous about doing it when I PLAN on doing it in 3 weeks. I'm that focused. But success feels good, you know?


No comments:

Post a Comment