Friday, June 27, 2014

I wore a skirt today

One thing I have struggled with ALWAYS, regardless of weight, is what I look like in clothes. Clearly now I have much more than a little tummy pooch or jiggly thighs, so I'm not sure why I cared so much 100lbs ago, but whatever. This is why I'm in therapy.

I've been working REALLY hard lately to let myself be comfortable in my clothing and to live a little. Now, we all know those people who squeeze themselves into things that shouldn't be stretched the way they're stretching, and trust me, I'm not doing that. Above all, I want comfort. I also don't want to look like a slob. Recently I bought a maxi skirt at Target, because I really like how they can go from casual to semi-dressy changing up the top. I know I don't look THIN in it, but I also know I look fine in it. It's not tight. It doesn't show anything inappropriate. I don't have to hold my breath to pull it up. But I also wouldn't have worn it a few months ago.

I got a few new cute tank tops at Old Navy including a pink ombre one that I'd love to show you a picture of, but it's not on the website. Jerks. Now, I KNOW I'm not thin. But not a single fuck was given, and I wore that cute tank with that cute skirt and I owned it. I even went out in public - to get an oil change, to get some groceries, and to take my daughter to a painting class. Oh, and I planted some flowers wearing it, too.

I didn't stop for a second to think about it. I put it on. I straightened it out. I made sure my bra wasn't showing. I went for it. I felt good.

Now please don't think I'm going to go all crazy and wear a tube top or bikini. There's being confident and there's being stupid. But you'd better believe I'm going to continue to rock my skirt and tank top, or other clothes that aren't baggy and make me look like I'm wearing a tent. I don't intend to be "big" forever, but "big" can still be beautiful. I'm going to give it my best shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment