Sunday, June 15, 2014

Off to a good start

I weighed in on Saturday for week one of my "biggest loser" competition. I had the highest weight loss of anyone with 7.9 lbs lost, but I also am one of the people with the most weight to lose in the competition. I had a really good week of watching what I ate and not giving into temptation when I was stressed. I even ate out not once, but twice.

The best part about this is that I never was hungry and never was deprived of anything I really wanted. I have full fat cottage cheese and 2% milk. I enjoyed some cocoa & cookie swirl from Trader Joe's on a sandwich thin. I grilled cheeseburgers and had a couple beers. And every day I stayed within my allotted calories (roughly 1700/day)

I've been tracking using my FitBit which calculates how many calories I have burned based on my weight and the amount of activity I've done. On days I burn enough to eat more (i.e. over 2000) I try to cap my intake around 1800-1900 calories so I am still full, but don't go overboard.

I start with my new therapist in 3 days and I am really looking forward to it. I am ready to make the changes I need to. I am ready to feel good about myself and start loving myself. Heck, I'm ready to start even LIKING myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment